October 15, 2011

Hidden New York


I've been trying to drown out the sounds of #OccupyWallStreet and rest of the sounds of my morning commute for the past few weeks listening to a number of The Bowery Boys podcasts. The hosts, Greg and Tom, give fantastic 30- to 60-minute discussions on the people, places and things that went in making New York City the vibrant city that it is today.

My two most recent favorite podcasts are the ones they have done the Police Riots of 1857 and The Great Fire of 1835. Maybe it's the absurdity of one and the proof that the city can come back from almost anything that makes me like them so much.

If you have the time to download a few episodes from iTunes, you won't be disappointed. They've done so many that you'll be sure find something that interests you. My favorite thing to do is simply download a bunch of them and just listen to them back-to-back on long drives.

No comments:

Post a Comment